Torch Cookery doesn't fit into one type of cuisine; instead, it looks to update comforting childhood favorites. Its motto is "Home cooked meals prepared the way you'd make if you had the time," with quality ingredients instead of shortcuts.
While the sheperds pie is popular, this new venue is still identifying their mainstays and insist that many signature family recipes are yet to be introduced. It is also developing more vegetarian and gluten-free recipes.
Dessert options change regularly and customers are encouraged to check back for new desserts each week.
Food can be ordered hot or frozen in individual or family portions. General manager Jen O'Leary highly recommends calling ahead, so meals are prepared to order when you arrive. (It will accomodate for allergies and special needs.) Planning a special event? Coordinate a special dessert with executive pasty chef Corin Wright.
Those who want to relax while they wait can watch a movie, read a magazine or sip on a glass of iced tea (also rotating). An ever-growing selection of wine is also sold by the bottle or for consumption by the glass in-house.
Gift certificates are available in any denomination and menu updates can be found each Monday on Torch Cookery's website.
- Hours: Mon. - Fri., 2:30pm - 7:30pm; Sat., 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: A rotating menu of 9-10 entrees and 4 desserts each week.
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.torchcookery.com/
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Dessert / Ice Cream, Italian
- Signature dishes: Sheperds pie, Chicken Vodka with Pasta, Shrimp fra Diablo, Pesto Encrusted Pork Chops,
- Price level: $$
- Features: Catering, Dinner