The Nook is located on Main Street in downtown. It has been in business since 1960 and under new ownership since 2007.
Patrons can relax and enjoy a refreshing beverage or an ice cream cone, peruse the candy wall, or play a bevy of board games.
Recently the store renovated, and introduced a rainbow spectrum of yarns, which Murphy and employees described as “good quality workhorse yarn,” between high-end yarn sold at boutiques and lower quality options found in department stores.
Staff also offer knitting classes.
- Hours: Daily, 7am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street level
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1960
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Books, magazines, newspapers, drinks, pastries, and ice cream
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Lisle is the nice little town that everyone is looking for