.

Officials: Pot of Grease Responsible for Stove Fire

No one was injured Tuesday at a multi-family building on Beau Bien Boulevard. Officials say a resident attempted to self-clean the oven with a pot of grease inside the oven.

responded to a stove fire in a unit at 4701 Beau Bien Blvd. around 11:42 a.m. on Tuesday.

Ten fire personnel responded to the residence, where they found heavy smoke in the building, according to a release from the fire district.

They pinpointed the cause of the fire to the unit's stove. The resident "attempted to utilize the self-cleaning feature of the stove and was unaware that a pot of grease was in the oven."

No one was injured. While the unit's ceiling sustained damage, the unit is still cleared for occupancy. 

 

Related articles:

 

Don't forget to subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest Patch updates, or follow Lisle Patch on Facebook!


Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something