There's still three weeks left until Halloween, but the Village of Lisle has already posted the following trick-or-treat tips on the official Village website:
Downtown Lisle Trick-or-Treat hours are Saturday, October 26 between noon and 3 pm. Lisle Neighborhood Trick-or-Trick hours are Thursday, October 31, between 3 and 8 pm.
The Lisle Police Department has provided the following recommendations to ensure a fun and safe Halloween experience for all:
- Residences participating in the Trick-or-Treat Program should leave porch lights on.
- Parents or a trusted adult should accompany young children Trick-or-Treating. Older children can go with friends.
- Only approach homes that have porch lights on during Trick-or-Treat hours.
- Stay within familiar neighborhoods.
- Use face paint instead of masks for improved visibility.
- Ensure costumes are flame resistant.
- Make sure costumes fit property to avoid trips and falls.
- Costumes should be light colored; add reflective tape to dark colored costumes.
- Accept only wrapped treats (parents please inspect all treats prior to eating.
- Begin Trick-or-Treating during the day, but bring a flashlight in case of delays.
- Never enter any home without parents’ permission.
- Report any suspicious activity or incidents to parents and Lisle police.